With these guidelines, GSD aims to aid you with the necessary administrative procedures required for your entry and residence in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland. While GSD also dedicates a special session during its Induction Programme related to the exact procedures (which forms to complete and to provide to the Cantonal authorities in Geneva), note that some nationalities must fulfil obligations before entering Switzerland.
Although GSD is committed to assisting students with immigration procedures and completion of their applications, please note that GSD has no legal capacity to intervene with the authorities. It is a student’s responsibility to fulfil legal obligations to obtain immigration approval.
Documents required when applying for a student Visa / permit:
- Application for student permit (to be completed by all students regardless of nationality): Formulaire E
- Form for EU & non-EU nationals: Formulaire P
- Form for long-term Visa (> 3 months): Formulaire D
- Form for Schengen Visa (< 3 months): Schengen Visa Form
- List of recognised banks in Switzerland
Documents required at the end of your studies before leaving Switzerland:
- Declaring departure of Switzerland: "Formulaire d'annonce de départ" (required for every person holding a Swiss student permit)